Stuff I liked in 2021
Yes, there were a few things this year that were good.
First off, thanks to everyone who subscribed/read this year. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly this site is going to be, but I appreciate you taking any time out of your day to interact with my work, and for those of you who are paid subscribers - god bless you for pitying me.
I spend so much time talking about shit I don't like that I figured that it'd be good to end the year doing the opposite. This list has little to do with CFB - just some of the things I enjoyed most from life this year. Again: thank you for reading, and I'm looking forward to the challenge of growing the site in 2022. Here's stuff I liked during this very bad year:
- Hollow Knight. Maybe the most challenging and rewarding video game I've ever played. I can't get over how detailed and unique this game is. The learning curve is steep, and you have to figure things out as you go, but the payoff is worth it. I still have about 15% of it left, but I have no reservations saying that it's already in my Top-5 favorite video games of all-time.
- Ohio State dunking on Clemson.
- Contract Year Clothing. (Buy some, I'm co-owner)
- This double chocolate banana bread recipe. Try it, and don't skim on the chocolate chips.
- The NHL's YouTube channel. 85% of the things the NHL does are still brainless, but the way they run their YouTube isn't one of them. Their game recap videos are a great way to keep up with everything that happened around the league each night.
- CM Punk's return to wrestling.
- This cornbread recipe.
- The LOX playing Sheek Louch's 'Good Love' in their Verzuz against Dipset. The whole Verzuz series has been a highlight of the pandemic-era for me, and this battle is going to go down as a crowning moment in the LOX's career. (If I did a 'Shit I hated in 2021' post, that lazy ass Dipset performance would be No. 1)
- Jack Sawyer's ass sack.
- Hungry Harry's chocolate cake mix.
- Urban Meyer's NFL tenure. I knew it was going to rule, but even I couldn't have anticipated the true disaster we all were in for.
- Nas finally winning a Grammy for Best Rap Album.
- The whole Formula 1 season. Great races, high drama, and an incredible finish. Max Verstappen absolutely stealing the world title from Lewis Hamilton on the last lap is my favorite sports moment of the year.
- Project Pat being on Drake's album.
- Bugsnax. I was probably 15% of the way through this before Hollow Knight consumed all of my time, but I can't wait to pick it back up in a few months. The premise of the game –a mystery about people on an island of creatures who are half animal/half food– is wild as hell, and makes for a fun play.
- The rise of the Steve Dangle Podcast.
- Cracking up at everything Young Dolph said on Dum and Dummer 2, and watching his success in general before his passing. RIP to Dolph; another one taken too soon.
- This huge ass pump kick from Jade Cargill.
- The Oakland A's Twitter account turning into one of the worst accounts in all of sports.